Hudson County Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) Happy Hour Fundraiser at Marty O’Briens Tonight 6-8pm
Please join Hudson County CASA for a Happy Hour on Wednesday night October 24th, 2012 tonight at Marty O’Brien’s in Hoboken from 6 to 8 pm. Some terrific people will be acting as “celebrity bartenders” and donating their tips to CASA. Come and meet Mayor Dawn Zimmer, Councilman Jim Doyle and local civic leaders Jim Kocis, Sandi Reinardy and Erin Bellissimo, and other public dignitaries. There will be “Cassatinis” as well as drink specials. If you needed a good excuse to enjoy a cocktail, this is one! Marty O’Brien’s is at 94 Bloomfield Street, right behind City Hall.”
About Hudson County Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA):
Hudson County CASA is an independent, non-profit organization committed to advocating for the best interests of abused and neglected children in foster care. CASA works through trained community volunteers to ensure that needed services are made available to children while helping move them toward safe and permanent homes. Children in Hudson County are among the poorest in the state and are the most diverse population of children in New Jersey. Children here have few resources and services, making the advocacy of CASA volunteers critical to their lives. It is CASA’s mission to help these children grow up in safe, permanent environment that enables them to become productive, happy adults. Our volunteers work tirelessly to give a voice to children in need.
Learn more about CASA’s success:
- Last year CASA served 174 children.
- 48 children found safe and permanent homes with 12 adoptions, 26 reunifications, and 13 placements with legal guardians.
- CASA Volunteers donated 3,371 hours of their time last year.
- CASA Volunteers advocate by making recommendations to the judges of the Hudson County Family Court. Last year 80% of CASA’s recommendations were converted into court orders, making an immediate impact on the lives of the children served.
- Hudson County has the lowest median income of families with children in the state.
- 3% of all children in Hudson County live in poverty while only 1,490 of all children in New Jersey find themselves in such dire straits.
- In FY12 it cost CASA $2,231 per year to support a child with a CASA volunteer.
To learn more visit www.hudsoncountycasa.org