Drunken Polar Bear’s The Hoboken Weekend Ahead – 2/24 – 2/26
Happy Friday Hobokenites! It’s been a wild week in Hoboken, so what better way than to unwind for the weekend. We at TheBoken.com will continue to do the research and find the cool things around town, but if you have any suggestions please post them in the comments below.
We had yet another warmer week, but that was ended today when a cold front brought back some chillier temperatures and rain. Rain will end tonight and the rest of the weekend will have highs in the 40’s. However, the big story here is the wind. Starting this afternoon and lasting until Saturday evening we will have some strong winds (up to 50 mph gusts). So batten down those proverbial hatches!
Local Sports Action
Pitchers and catchers have reported for both the Mets and Yanks which means baseball is just around the corner!
Hockey updates – The Rangers square off against the Islanders tonight (7pm) and host Buffalo Saturday night (7pm). The Devils host Vancouver tonight (7pm) and Tampa Bay Sunday afternoon (1pm). In addition to their Friday game against the Rangers, the Islanders travel to Ottawa Sunday (5pm) to take on the Senators.
What’s Going on Around Town?
- Beat the cold with some Chili – join Hoboken Volunteers for some homemade chili and beer Saturday afternoon.
- Family Fun at the Biergarten – visit the Pilsner House Sunday for some family themed performances.
- Sunday Funday at the W – The W Hotel’s Chandelier Room is hosting a Mardi Gras themed Sunday party
- Have Some Wine, Help An Animal – the Liberty Humane Society is hosting a wine and cheese fund raiser Sunday for a good cause.
- Lights, Camera, Action – good movie lineup at Hoboken’s Movie theatre this weekend – Act of Valor, This Means War, Safe House, The Vow, The Artist.
DPB’s Weekend Recommendations
- Stock up on any supplies for next weekend’s St. Patrick’s mahem (or make plans to get out of town!) united Decorating at 421 Washington Street is just such a place.
- Catch a new band/musical act.
- If you make it out on the town this weekend try a new cocktail or beer. Hoboken Bar and Grill and the Pilsener Haus have extensive beer lists just to name a few. Variety is the spice of life!
What are you all doing this weekend? Any suggestions? Stay tuned for the Drunken Polar Bear’s guide to the St. Patrick Day’s celebrations…
The Drunken Polar Bear