Let the Hunger/Bar Games Begin! Hoboken Bar Games Roundup by the DPB
Chances are some or most of you will know that is the motto of the Hunger Games, the novel turned movie blockbuster. I admit I read all 3 books in the trilogy and they’re pretty good. So this past Saturday morning I saw the Hunger Games in IMAX. It got me thinking…what are the coolest bar games in Hoboken? Well it took some serious research and web browsing, but here is my official list. Important caveat – this list is certainly not 100% complete and I will miss a pool table here or dart board here. Let’s face it – there are over 50 bars in Hoboken so if I missed something please add it in the comments. The goal is to keep this list ongoing and current for everyone.
Below is a “best of” list for the major games and then the full list below…
Rack ‘Em Up! (pool tables)
- DC’s – It’s a small bar and the pool table takes up most of the bar. But this looks like a place you should be playing pool
- Mulligans – Just one pool table, but it’s in the backroom with lots of space
- Willow Billards – It’s a pool hall. Need I say more? (Rumor is it is closing. Open one day and then bam! Like a pool stick to the head, no more pool?)
- Shannon – Multiple dart boards in the back room and regular leagues.
- Cork City – Two dart boards in the back of the bar with ample room and lighting.
- 8th Street Tavern - They have a Tuesday darts league and steady stream of dart players on other nights.
- Wicked Wolf – Wednesday night trivia. Good questions, big teams, fun prizes
- Mikie Squared – Smaller groups, but still fun team trivia.
- Marty O’Briens – Themed trivia on television shows and movies.
- Willie McBride’s - Trivia with Big Brother Star Adam Poch every Wednesday.
That’s a 3-Pointer! (Buck Hunter)
- Cork City – Right as you walk in. Where my obsession with the game started…
- 8th Street Tavern- They have the game too. Get in touch with your inner redneck and down some PBRs while shooting.
Bazinga! (Specialty Category)
- Bingo at Black Bear – Paired with their burger special it’s a fun way to spend your Wednesday
- Shuffleboard at Coopers Union – Only table in town and well worth it
- Everything at Willie McBride’s – They have arcade games, a poker night and mega touch
- Beer Pong at Scotland Yard – 3-4 beer pong tables. Come in buzzed, leave drunk…
How about it readers – where are you favorite game spots/what did I miss?
The Drunken Polar Bear