Hudson Theater Ensemble Presents “The Great Gatsby” April 5th – April 14th at Hudson School Performance Space
Here is the latest theatrical offering from the well reviewed Hudson Theater Ensemble…..
“The Great Gatsby” - It is 1922 when gin was the national drink and sex the national obsession!
The Hudson Theatre Ensemble of Hoboken, NJ is proud to present the New Jersey premiere of award-winning playwright Simon Levy’s stage adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s masterpiece The Great Gatsby, Authorized and Granted Exclusive Rights by The Fitzgerald Estate. Set on Long Island in 1922 at a time when gin was the national drink and sex the national obsession, there is no question that Levy’s remarkable stage adaptation of the Great American Novel has all the elements of Great Theater. Levy’s adaptation has provoked historic excitement and is nothing less than magnificent in its powerful realization of the acclaimed novel’s Roaring Twenties, Jazz Age world of Prohibition, wealth, privilege, social worlds colliding, and the irreconcilable contradictions within the American Dream and ultimately about the ideal quest itself.
This production of The Great Gatsby is absolutely worth seeing even for those not familiar with the novel. Though the book most definitely deserves reading, think of this play and our New Jersey premiere as joyfully demonstrating the strengths that the stage brings to storytelling, even and especially to a masterwork like Fitzgerald’s novel. The Great Gatsby is not easily forgotten.
“The Hudson Theatre Ensemble is such a treasure for Hoboken. You always put on such fantastic productions.”
- Geri Fallo, Director of Cultural Affairs for the City of Hoboken
Location & Directions:
Hudson School Performance Space 601 Park Avenue (6th & Park) Hoboken, NJ 07030
Their beautiful ground-floor theater is completely barrier-free and accessible to persons with disabilities.
Tickets & Reservations:
$20 General Admission; $15 Seniors/Students
Dates & Times:
- Fridays @ 8PM: April 5 and April 12, 2013
- Saturdays @ 8PM: April 6 and April 13, 2013
- Sunday Matinees @ 3PM: April 7 and April 14, 2013
Cast: Peter James, Lou Martino, Stephen Powell, Jeff Riberdy II, Jessica Sherr, Adriana Spizuoco, Nora Ryan Taylor, Amanda Hart Walker, Steve Yates, Doug Schneider
- Producer/Artistic Director: Diana London
- Director of Development/Publicity: Florence Pape
- Director: Laurie Brongo
- Production Manager: Donna Gearhardt Healey
- Stage Manager: Chrislie Francois
- Lighting Design: Howard Richman
- Sound & Lighting Technician: Donna Gearhardt Healey
- Graphics/Webmaster: Susan Newman Design, Inc.
- Playbill: Donna Gearhardt Healey
- Photographer: John Crittenden/Show Me Your Faces
- House Manager: Alan Welner
- Assistant House Manager: Harriet Tainsky
- Printing: The Office
Their Gold Sponsor for The Great Gatsby is Hudson Psychiatric
This program is made possible in part by funds from the New Jersey State Council on the Arts/Department of State, a partner agency of the National Endowment for the Arts and by funds from the National Endowment for the Arts, administered by the Hudson County Office of Cultural & Heritage Affairs, Thomas A. DeGise, County Executive, and the Board of Chosen Freeholders.