Heard on the Street – Apple Store Coming to Hoboken at Former Tutta Pasta Location?
This has not been officially confirmed yet but according to several sources known to TheBoken.com an Apple Store is finally coming to Hoboken. The store has been reported be at the former Tutta Pasta and Lounge 200 location at the Northeast corner of 2nd and Washington Streets in Hoboken, NJ. This passes the feasibility test based on the following pieces of information TheBoken.com was able to extract from several reliable sources (that were not some anonymous blogger on another nefarious website in town) In other words I had to verify some of this before publishing…..
- Apple has purportedly looked at other larger retail locations before in Hoboken like Blockbuster.
- Apple products fit the higher income Hoboken demographic well.
- Other chains are starting to come here like Baby Gap and Anthropologie.
- The rent being paid for both floors of this location is rumored to be around $40,000. Who else but Apple could possibly afford it?
- If both floors are rented it could be big enough for an Apple Store.
- The location is even closer to the PATH which could draw in even more foot traffic.
- Both Tutta Pasta and 200 Lounge (apparently) have shut down so something new is going into that location.
These factors indicate that there is a good chance that this could lead to an Apple store. If this turns out to be true this would dramatically boost the Hoboken retail landscape. Apple products are popular but watch out the droid is becoming very popular. Of course we already have enough cell phone stores to handle that demand.