City Challenge Obstacle Race October 5, 2013 in Hoboken
There is a demanding obstacle course and race coming to Hoboken on October 5, 2013 called City Challenge and the course will run along Hoboken’s waterfront from Pier A to Northern Hoboken. The registration period is still open for this inaugural event in Hoboken.
From the organizer’s press release:
The mission of City Challenge is to enable you to have the most exciting day of your life…period. The event is the ultimate opportunity to push your physical and mental limits, have a great time with friends and family, bond with co-workers, and just have an all around great time at the event!
City Challenge Obstacle Race will take place on October 5, 2013. Register for the race and you’ll get a chance to run the 4 mile course filled with over 15 obstacles designed to be fun and push you to your limits! The course features obstacles constructed by an experienced crew of licensed contractors and engineers. These aren’t the pop-up kiddie obstacles you’ll see at other races. Some of the obstacles will include: walls to get over, water jugs to carry up stairs, 20 lb rocks to carry in sand, ropes to climb, monkey bars, and so many more. We will not have water, mud, electrocution, or fire at our race. And unlike the other guys, the organizers hate to see back-ups on the courses so they limit each wave of runners to 200 racers to avoid overcrowding. In short, City Challenge strikes the perfect balance between fun and physicality. It is a great way to test your athleticism. Participating in City Challenge will be the most fun ass-kicking of your life.
City Challenge Obstacle Race will be raising money for Susan G Komen for the cure foundation. Susan G Komen is dedicated to combating breast cancer at every front. Participants can make donations during registration and City Challenge will also be making a contribution to Susan G Komen for the cure North Jersey Chapter. Fun, entertainment, fitness, and helping others combined in one!
Register and get more information through their website at www.citychallengerace.com. Like them on Facebook, follow them on Twitter and Instagram. Please contact them for sponsorship and volunteer opportunities.
- Over-Unders (police barricades) : Police hurdles and barricades will be placed alternating between jumping over barricades and crawling under police hurdles. Spaced along Sinatra road from 3rd st to 4th st.
- Leap Frog Jumps. : each contestant will place bands around their ankles to keep their legs together and give resistance. They will Leap Frog jump up all 3 sets of stairs and back down a total of 20 times.
- Ball Slams: No-Bounce medicine balls will be placed at the first parking indent along Sinatra dr. 20lbs for Guys and 10lbs for women. Each challenger will slam the ball as hard and as fast as they can for a total of 30 times.
- Heavy Rope Jumps: The second parking indent along Sinatra Dr, heavy rope jump ropes will be placed for challengers to complete 50 jumps.*
- Kettle Bell Swings/Sumo Squats: At the last indent along Sinatra Dr., challengers will grab a kettle bell (male 30lb, female 20lb) complete 20 swings into 20 squats.*
- Sand Pit-Rock Carry: Once challengers enter the beach area, they will have to complete 30 burpees then carry designated rock (different weighs for male and female) to the end of the beach and back, placing the rock back where they picked it up.
- Monkey Bars: Challengers will complete from start to finish crossing the monkey bar.
- Rope climbs: Each challenger will have to RING THE BELL. Climbing the rope to the top and hitting the bell once they have reached it.
- Wall Climbs: Each Challenger will have to climb over Wall after wall. From 4ft, 6ft, to 8ft walls, this will take every muscle to conquer.
- Death Climb: The next obstacle, just make it to the top. Over half a mile of hills to run as fast as you can and fight through the leg burn.
- Sand Crawl: Challengers till enter maze type obstacle on the beach volleyball court where they will have to army crawl under and around our custom maze. Keep your mouth close or you it will be filled with sand.
- Field of Dreams: Tires on Tires, flipping dragging and sledge hammering large truck tires on the Steven soccer field. This obstacle will challenge you to the fullest extent.
- Stairs to Heaven: Challengers will carry water jugs (males 2, females 1) up the Stevens Stadium stairs along the bleachers and down the other end and back down the alleyway, dropping off the water jugs where they picked them up.
- Sand Bag Carries: Up and back carrying heavy sand bags however you may up and back down a terrorizing hill. Sand bags of different weights for male and female challengers.
- Over-Unders (police barricades) : Police hurdles and barricades will be placed alternating between jumping over barricades and crawling under police hurdles. Spaced along Sinatra road from 4rd St. to 3th St.
- Gauntlet Finish: Challengers will have to climb crawl and conquer the final gauntlet to reach the finish. A large wall which will have nets to climb up and crawl back down on the other end.