Hoboken could see heavy rainfall and flash flooding until this Saturday as the result of Tropical storm Andrea which is currently located near Florida. The storm is predicted to dump at least several inches in the area and thus the flash flood warnings throughout New Jersey and the Metro New York area. Below is the forecast for Hoboken as of 3:50pm and the flash flood warnings from the National Weather Service….
HOBOKEN, NJ 07030
- Thursday Night: Rain, mainly after 10pm. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 61. East wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Friday Daytime: Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 71. East wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
- Friday Night: Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 63. North wind 11 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Daytime: A chance of showers before noon, then a slight chance of showers after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 78. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night: A slight chance of showers before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN NEW YORK HAS ISSUED A FLASH FLOOD WATCH
For Portions Of Southern Connecticut… Northeast New Jersey And Southeast New York…Including The Following Areas…In Southern Connecticut…Northern Fairfield…Northern Middlesex…Northern New Haven…Northern New London…Southern Fairfield…Southern Middlesex… Southern New Haven And Southern New London. In Northeast New Jersey…Eastern Bergen…Eastern Essex…Eastern Passaic… Eastern Union…Hudson…Western Bergen…Western Essex… Western Passaic And Western Union. In Southeast New York… Bronx…Kings (Brooklyn)…New York Manhattan)…Northeastern Suffolk…Northern Nassau…Northern Queens…Northern Westchester…Northwestern Suffolk…Orange…Putnam… Richmond (Staten Island)…Rockland…Southeastern Suffolk… Southern Nassau…Southern Queens…Southern Westchester And Southwestern Suffolk.
* From Friday Morning Through Saturday Afternoon.
* The Remnants Of Tropical System Andrea…Combined With A System Moving In From The West Will Bring Widespread Rain Across The Tri State Area Beginning Late Tonight And Lasting Until Saturday. Rainfall Amounts Between 2 And 4 Inches Are Forecasted…With The Heaviest Rain Expected Friday Afternoon Through Early Saturday Morning. Maximum Hourly Rates Could Reach Between 1 And 2 Inches.
* These Rainfall Amounts Could Lead To Flash Flooding Of Urban And Poor Drainage Areas…As Well As Small Stream Flash Flooding. Main Stream Rivers Should Remain Within Their Banks. It Should Be Stressed That While We Are Expecting A Prolonged Period Of Rainfall…The Main Concern During This Time Period Will Be Flashy Responses Across The Urban Areas And Small Streams.