“Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor.”
Chances are some or most of you will know that is the motto of the Hunger Games, the novel turned movie blockbuster. I admit I read all 3 books in the trilogy and they’re pretty good. So this past Saturday morning I saw the Hunger Games in IMAX. It got me thinking…what are the coolest bar games in Hoboken? Well it took some serious research and web browsing, but here is my official list. Important caveat – this list is certainly not 100% complete and I will miss a pool table here or dart board here. Let’s face it – there are over 50 bars in Hoboken so if I missed something please add it in the comments. The goal is to keep this list ongoing and current for everyone.
Below is a “best of” list for the major games and then the full list below…
Rack ‘Em Up! (pool tables)
- DC’s – It’s a small bar and the pool table takes up most of the bar. But this looks like a place you should be playing pool
- Mulligans – Just one pool table, but it’s in the backroom with lots of space
- Willow Billards – It’s a pool hall. Need I say more? (Rumor is it is closing. Open one day and then bam! Like a pool stick to the head, no more pool?)
- Shannon – Multiple dart boards in the back room and regular leagues.
- Cork City – Two dart boards in the back of the bar with ample room and lighting.
- 8th Street Tavern - They have a Tuesday darts league and steady stream of dart players on other nights.
- Wicked Wolf – Wednesday night trivia. Good questions, big teams, fun prizes
- Mikie Squared – Smaller groups, but still fun team trivia.
- Marty O’Briens – Themed trivia on television shows and movies.
- Willie McBride’s - Trivia with Big Brother Star Adam Poch every Wednesday.
That’s a 3-Pointer! (Buck Hunter)
- Cork City – Right as you walk in. Where my obsession with the game started…
- 8th Street Tavern- They have the game too. Get in touch with your inner redneck and down some PBRs while shooting.
Bazinga! (Specialty Category)
- Bingo at Black Bear – Paired with their burger special it’s a fun way to spend your Wednesday
- Shuffleboard at Coopers Union – Only table in town and well worth it
- Everything at Willie McBride’s – They have arcade games, a poker night and mega touch
- Beer Pong at Scotland Yard – 3-4 beer pong tables. Come in buzzed, leave drunk…
How about it readers – where are you favorite game spots/what did I miss?
Me Hungry? No way! This Polar Bear is skipping the veggies today!
The Drunken Polar Bear
Pubstumper’s Trivia is now every Wednesday Night at Hoboken’s Trinity at 8:00PM starting 3/7/12. Trivia nights have caught in Hoboken and is an alternative to just going out and drinking. These contests are a great way to stay mentally sharp and enjoy yourself a bit in the process.
PubStumpers is a whirlwind of trivia, presented in numerous forms, which stimulates the mind and challenges players’ knowledge on a vast array of topics, in an inviting social venue. What better way to spend time with friends than in a local hangout that serves great food, thirst-quenching drinks and top-notch entertainment? PubStumpers offers something for everyone and never demands that you be the brainiest of the bunch. Being a know-it-all is only part of the equation, though a definite bonus.
Your ability to interact with your teammates to field trivia questions on any and every topic, identify diverse images and song clips and have a fantastic time while you’re amongst friends is key to your success and enjoyment of each PubStumpers event. Attend a weekly installment anytime, anywhere in North America and you’ll feel the same warm vibe from every welcoming establishment, every charming host and every carefully crafted trivia question, image or song clip.
For more information go to www.pubstumpers.com.
Trinity Restaurant, Bar and Lounge
Address: 306 Sinatra Drive Hoboken, NJ 07030
Phone: (201) 533-4446