Maifest is an annual celebration throughout Germany to welcome the arrival of Spring! The Pilsener Haus, NJ’s most traditional Biergarten, observes Maifest with an opening ceremony and barrel-tapping on Friday May 3, 8:00pm.
Seasonal NJ Craft and Import Maibock beer selection! View Pilsener Haus beer lists here.
An Authentic Maifest Menu – Enjoy an Austro-Hungarian feast all month by acclaimed Chef Thomas Ferlesch:
- Chilled Cucumber Soup - yogurt and dill
- Asparagus with Sauce Gribiche – caper, anchovy and parsley vinaigrette
- Schweinsbraten – roasted pork shoulder with kraut salad and pretzel dumplings
- Seafood Salad – shrimp, scallops, octopus, mussels, squid
- 1/2 Rosemary Roasted Free Range Chicken – barley pilaf, arugula salad
- Schweinshaxen – roasted pork shank with pickled salads, serves two – available Fri-Sat-Sun
Download full Maifest menu here.
View complete Pilsener Haus menus here.
A lively roster of traditional music, jazz and rock.
Pilsener Haus is Hoboken’s most varied venue!
- May 4 – The Adlers – Authentic Oompah
- May 9 – Roosevelt Dime – Steamboat Soul
- May 11 – The Polka Bros – Polka’s bad boys
- May 15 – Pilsener Haus Jazz and Blues Jam
- May 16 – Jason Green and Labor of Love
- May 17 – Alex Meixner Band – Grammy-winning Polka king rocks the Haus!
- May 22 – Casey and The Dirty Water Dogs
- May 23 – Cecil Brooks III and Hot D.O.G. – Soulful jazz
- May 29 – Raphael Cruz Quintet – Afro-Cuban jazz
- May 30 – Rainbow Fresh – Classic rock
- Sunday May 19th, 12:30-3:30pm – Family Fun Day with Big Jeff and The Bouncy People
Read more about Maifest here.
View photos of Pilsener Haus here.
Pilsener Haus and Biergarten
Address: 15th Street between Adams and Grand Streets, Hoboken
Summer hours start May 1:
- Open Monday – Thursday 4:00pm – 2:00am
- Friday 3:00pm – 2:00am
- Saturday noon – 3:00am / Sunday noon – 2:00am