“True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blindfolded like a magic show ready to double team your girlfriend…" Old School Trivia will be at Mulligan’s Pub in Hoboken on Thursday, May 17 at 8pm! This event is brought to you by the masters at Trivia AD. Mulligans Pub is located at 159 First Street between Bloomfield and Garden Street. Call 201-876-4101 for more information. “You are my boy blue”.
“Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor.”
Chances are some or most of you will know that is the motto of the Hunger Games, the novel turned movie blockbuster. I admit I read all 3 books in the trilogy and they’re pretty good. So this past Saturday morning I saw the Hunger Games in IMAX. It got me thinking…what are the coolest bar games in Hoboken? Well it took some serious research and web browsing, but here is my official list. Important caveat – this list is certainly not 100% complete and I will miss a pool table here or dart board here. Let’s face it – there are over 50 bars in Hoboken so if I missed something please add it in the comments. The goal is to keep this list ongoing and current for everyone.
Below is a “best of” list for the major games and then the full list below…
Rack ‘Em Up! (pool tables)
- DC’s – It’s a small bar and the pool table takes up most of the bar. But this looks like a place you should be playing pool
- Mulligans – Just one pool table, but it’s in the backroom with lots of space
- Willow Billards – It’s a pool hall. Need I say more? (Rumor is it is closing. Open one day and then bam! Like a pool stick to the head, no more pool?)
- Shannon – Multiple dart boards in the back room and regular leagues.
- Cork City – Two dart boards in the back of the bar with ample room and lighting.
- 8th Street Tavern - They have a Tuesday darts league and steady stream of dart players on other nights.
- Wicked Wolf – Wednesday night trivia. Good questions, big teams, fun prizes
- Mikie Squared – Smaller groups, but still fun team trivia.
- Marty O’Briens – Themed trivia on television shows and movies.
- Willie McBride’s - Trivia with Big Brother Star Adam Poch every Wednesday.
That’s a 3-Pointer! (Buck Hunter)
- Cork City – Right as you walk in. Where my obsession with the game started…
- 8th Street Tavern- They have the game too. Get in touch with your inner redneck and down some PBRs while shooting.
Bazinga! (Specialty Category)
- Bingo at Black Bear – Paired with their burger special it’s a fun way to spend your Wednesday
- Shuffleboard at Coopers Union – Only table in town and well worth it
- Everything at Willie McBride’s – They have arcade games, a poker night and mega touch
- Beer Pong at Scotland Yard – 3-4 beer pong tables. Come in buzzed, leave drunk…
How about it readers – where are you favorite game spots/what did I miss?
Me Hungry? No way! This Polar Bear is skipping the veggies today!
The Drunken Polar Bear
Here is another Trivia AD event on March 29th at 8pm Mulligan’s Pub: “How I Met Your Mother Trivia”
Quote: “HIMYM Trivia is going to be legen- wait for it- dary!”
Suit up and come to Mulligan’s Pub in Hoboken on Thursday, March 29th at 8pm for How I Met Your Mother Trivia, presented by Hoboken Townery and the folks at Trivia AD. This event includes five rounds of questions that will be more fun than Slapsgiving. You bring The Bro Code, an they’ll bring the goat. For more information about Trivia AD got to their website: www.triviaad.com.
FaceBook Event Link: http://www.facebook.com/events/301047409956609/
Address: 159 First Street Hoboken NJ
Seinfeld Trivia is coming to Mulligan’s in Hoboken December 12th at 8pm. This trivia event was held earlier this year in Hoboken at Hudson Tavern and was a very competitive and exciting night of trivia put on by Dave Oliver of Trivia AD. Mulligan’s is located at 159 ast Street (at Bllomfiled) in Hoboken. It is recommended that you call in advance to secure your spot if interested at 201-876-4101. For more information go to www.triviaad.com. Happy holidays for those who are religious and for those who are not its “Festivus for the rest of us”
The Mama Mare Breast Cancer Foundation proudly presents it’s 2nd Annual Drink for Pink Pub Crawl. Come out for a great pub crawl to 4 great Hoboken bars all while helping to fight the ongoing battle against Breast Cancer! This Event is on Saturday December 3rd and runs from 1:30pm until 8pm. The starting bar is the Wicked Wolf in Hoboken at 120 Sinatra Drive.
- Pre-Registration: $15.00 @ www.mamamare.org through Nov 27th (guarantees you a T-Shirt if you Pre-register by 11/27)
- After November 27th: $20.00 @ www.mamamare.org till Dec 2nd at 10pm
- Day of Registration: $20.00 at the Wicked Wolf Tavern
- Ticket to the pub Crawl
- Drink Specials at all 4 bars on the pub crawl
- Free Pizza at the last bar
- Drink for Pink Pub Crawl T-Shirt (for ALL pre-registrants and for post 11/27 registrants while supplies last so make sure to Pre-Register)
- The Pub Crawl starts at 1:30 pm
- Registration Check-In/Day-of Registration tables from 1:30 – 3pm at the Wicked Wolf Tavern (120 Sinatra Drive, Hoboken NJ)
- Once you check-in enjoy $3.00 Coors Product Pints and $3.00 Well Drinks at the Wicked Wolf Tavern!
- The Pub Crawl continues at the next Hoboken bars:
- 3pm – 4:30pm: Texas Arizona (76 River Street) with $2.00 Coors Product Pints and $3.00 Well Drinks
- 4:30 – 6:00pm: Mulligan’s Hoboken (159 1st Street) with $2.00 Coors Light Pints and $3.00 Well Drinks and a Live DJ
- 6pm – 8:00pm: The Shannon (106 First Street) with $2.00 Coors Product Pints and $3.00 Well Drinks and Live DJ
Sponsors of this event:
- Peerless Beverage Company (www.peerlessbeverage.com)
- Fillippo’s On First (267 First Street, Hoboken NJ)
- In Loving Memory of Kimberly B. Zander & Mary Ellen Pernice (aka Mama Mare)
All proceeds raised will go towards the mission of the Mama Mare Breast Cancer which is to provide support services to breast cancer patients and their families, and raise funds for biomedical research being conducted in search for a cure. Please visit www.mamamare.org for more foundation information.
Mama Mare Breast Cancer Foundation
PO Box 1379
Easton, PA 18040